RFQ: Turner Street Lighting
Request for Proposal
Town of Beaufort
Date: December 5, 2017
To: Interested Contractors
Project Name: Turner Street Lighting
PROJECT AREA AND INFORMATION: Work is to be performed in the Town of Beaufort NC city limits. Contractor is responsible for obtaining required permits.
SCOPE OF WORK (SPECIFICATIONS): This project is to be done in two parts which will be referred to as Part A and Part B.
Part A - Is to start upon award of winning bid:
- Contractor is responsible for all associated permits and locates required.
- Set a power pole with a meter base and panel box at a location to the north end of the new Turner Street Bridge and next to the existing lift station also located on the NW side of the new Turner Street. Town of Beaufort will be responsible for scheduling service to be installed to this pole through Duke Energy.
- Install a conduit sleeve (and junction box if required) across the North end of Turner Street bridge connecting the existing conduit from the east side to the west side of the bridge. The conduit is already roughed into the bridge by DOT contractors and stubbed out the end of the bridge on each side, which is also referred to as the bridge approach or beginning of roadway. This conduit is to be installed prior to NCDOT’s contractor starting substrate work on this area of the roadway.
- This work is to be scheduled through Town of Beaufort’s Public Works Department, Mark Eakes. Schedule will be negotiated upon award of winning bid.
Part B – Is to start February 1, 2018:
- Contractor is responsible for all locates and permits.
- Completion schedule will be negotiated upon award of winning bid.
- Install fourteen (14) 12ft. light poles and lights on the top of the concrete handrails along both sides of Turner Street Bridge. Anchor bolts and locations have already been determined and placed by NCDOT’s contractor. Location and anchor bolts are not the responsibility of Contractor. Lights and poles are provided by Town of Beaufort and currently sitting on Public Works yard.
- Furnish and pull wire through the existing conduit in the bridge to termination points (panel), installed in Part A of this RFP.
- Lights are to be on two different circuits, one circuit for each side of the bridge, with seven (7) lights on each circuit.
- The lights are to be installed in compliance with manufacture installations and requirements.
- Coordination if needed will be communicated through Public Works Director – Mark Eakes and NCDOT contractor Conti superintendent, Paul Force.
- Contractor does not have to allow for traffic control, bridge is not open and will not open until project is complete.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Bridge handrail details can be provided if needed. Site visits can be arranged if required. Any other information required or needed contact Mark Eakes at Town of Beaufort Public Works.
REQUIRED INFORMATION: Contractors are responsible for providing the following information in order to qualify to bid on work in the Town of Beaufort.
- Current Certificate of General Liability insurance
- Current Certificate of Workers Compensation insurance
- Completed W-9
- MSDS sheets for hazardous material used
- Prior work references equal to or greater than this project
- Provide bids with a break out for labor, materials, and tax if applicable
EVALUATION CRITERIA AND SELECTION: Contract terms and conditions will be negotiated upon selection of the winning bidder for this specific project. All contractual terms and conditions will be subject to review by Town of Beaufort and will include specific scope, schedule, and other necessary items pertaining to the project.
DUE DATE: Bids shall be submitted by 2:00 pm on Thursday, December 14, 2017 to Public Works Director, Mark Eakes. Proposals may be emailed to email@example.com , faxed to 252-728-7931, or hand delivered to 412 Hedrick Street, Beaufort, NC 28516.