Planning and Inspections Forms & Documents

The Town of Beaufort Fee & Usage Rate Schedule was updated and was enacted February 1, 2014.  Also included are the water and sewer tap fees and impact fees.  Check out the document for the most up-to-date information!

The Town's Building Permit application has been revised and may be easier to use!  Also we have created a Single Contractor Permit application for those jobs which involve a single contractor (demolition, electric, HVAC, etc.).  This would be in lieu of filling out the four-page application.  If you have questions, please call Debbie at (252)728-2142, or email  With these application forms you are now able to fill it out on your computer and print it out for the necessary signatures.  Unless you have the software to write a PDF document, you cannot save the document you created. 
You may fax the completed applications to our office at (252) 728-3982. We hope this will make obtaining a permit easier!  If you don't see what you need, please call or send an email. Thanks!



Final Plat application
Building Permit app. (4 pgs)*
Single Contractor app. (1 pg.)**
Historic Commission Certificate of Appropriateness application
Summary B (should accompany Commercial applications)
Preliminary Plat application
Rezoning application
Site Plan Review application
Special Use application
Temporary Sign application
Variance Request application
Residential Zoning Districts 
Nonresidential Zoning Districts 
Transitional Zoning Districts 
Historic District Area Map
Other brochures/tools:


 *HVAC contractors who do not hold a state electrical license won't be able to use the single contractor application. If the HVAC contractor does not have the electrical license, please use pages 1 and 2 of the four-page application. The electrician information goes on page 2 (the HVAC contractor is the "Contractor/General Contractor/Agent/Other" on page 1 of the application. There is no need to fill out the HVAC contractor information on page 2). The electrical contractor must sign page 2 of the application.

**HVAC contractors who do have their state electrical licenses can submit the one-page application putting both of their state license numbers in the spaces provided.

At this time, all contractors, sub-contractors, etc. MUST have town privilege licenses to work within the town or its ETJ area. Click here for a Privilege License application.